Sunday, June 3, 2007

8N work

Here is the governor link(s) which need to be disconnected before I can remove the governor. It looks as though it has a spring retainer and just pushes and lifts off. I squirted it will PB today and will give it a try later.

Also, here is the original oil filter plug showing how rounded and tapered it had become. It was an engineering challenge to remove it. The new replacement plug is square. It is on the bottom of the oil pan and not in good focus, but is viewable.

I tried to grease the tractor using my dandy air powered grease gun; however, it does not seem to want to squirt the grease out although it is definitely in the reservoir. I do have an old fashioned pump type which does seem to work. Actually I have two of those, having been given one with the tractors.

Tractor Boy


No comments:

Google