Sunday, August 5, 2007

Another rebuild

Little Machine Shop had a sale on the comparator so I bought one. The two inch thick by six inch square granite base is flat to .00005 inches. The gauge measures .001 inch. I may get either another one or a magnetic base with adjustable arm for the metal lathe setup I am going to buy. It is useful in making sure objects are properly aligned. I suspect it will measure run out on a cartridge just fine too.

Yesterday I tackled my church friend's 9N carburetor. He purchased the kit from TS and I told him I would rebuild it. This is the second carburetor job and I hardly even looked at the instructions which I studied and used extensively before. The inside gasket was a mess, all shredded and worn out. I made a tool from a worn out Sawzall blade to remove the brass bolt within the carburetor. I simply have no screw drivers that wide. It worked perfectly. His fuel valve was so dirty I thought the glass bowl was tinted brown. It also cleaned up nicely. Here are a few pictures.


Tractor Boy



No comments:

Google