Monday, July 7, 2008

Governor reassembled

Tonight I reassembled the governor to the 8 N tractor and it looks good. The package from YT was finally delivered. I put a dab of grease on bolts and the housing itself then put the internals back into the cover and bolted the cover to the tractor torquing to 7 foot pounds. Literally 112 inch pounds as I have an inch pound torque wrench. I need an extension to go from ¼ inch female to something larger male. I could not get to the top bolt with the wrench so simply guessed based on how stiff the bottom bolt felt which was indeed set to 7 fp.

 Next comes the rear light wiring harness, for which I have some pictures as well as descriptive text. Then the brake job which requires me to raise the rear and remove those big wheels.  I must check to determine whether the 6 ton jacks will extend high enough else get some wood to build a couple platforms. I am smart enough to avoid sintered block called cinder block as it can shatter at inconvenient times due to the weight on it.

 Tractor Boy


No comments:

Google