Sunday, July 13, 2008

1949 Farmall Cub

I drove to Bivins, Texas with Bruce Lambert using a borrowed 18 foot trailer of Randy Curtis.

We went to pick up this good condition (I hope) Farmall Cub. I also bought rear wheel weights and was given the hydraulic system and a breaking plow which fits under the belly of the Cub. Interesting machine. I plan to get it running – carburetor, gas tank needs cleaning, rear light not attached, hydraulic lift to be painted and installed, decals. I am not sure I will keep it, but it certainly is an interesting little tractor. There are MANY of them in East Texas. The soil there is quite suitable to this little 9 horse tractor made for farms under 40 acres. With a little work, the Cub will run like it is supposed to and may even be useful with a belly mower or cultivator on it.

 

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google