Friday, November 28, 2008

Cub Hood on finally

Today, the day after Thanksgiving, I have the hood back on the Cub for the first time in months. It looks good from a distance. This is the hood for which I have the fuel tank cleaned and relined. That was done with a torch so the entire hood needed to be repainted. The front of the hood attaches to the front uprights with a bolt on each side. The right side was easy enough, but the left side was off enough that I needed a third arm to align the bolt with the hole in the upright. My daughter started the bolt while I was using a hammer to push the upright back and at the same time holding the hood up a bit.

 

The grill is back on too. I had painted it some weeks ago. Something did not look right still and I realized I have used hex bolts instead of the flat head screws which were used originally. I have a set of them and they can be put on tomorrow. They go on the rear of the hood and on the grill sides. One the grill was on and the hood fastened down, I tried the head lights both on low and on high power. They work just fine as does the tail light. I wonder how many years it has been since this sixty year old Farmall Cub had working lights?

 

I started to remove the battery and measure for a notch at the rear left side of the box for the copy of an original seven foot negative battery cable. Perhaps tomorrow it will get done. I need to buy another strap so I have two to remove the battery from the box when needed. Wow, it is almost time to put decals on the Cub! Hmm, after I put the fuel filter and a fuel line that is, then put hydraulic fluid into the hydraulic lift and bleed the air from the lines. Almost done.

 

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google