Saturday, May 26, 2007

8N Success! Hooray!

This evening I started putting the 8N back together again. The pictures show what I did today. It took me nearly a month to get through the broken off bolt which I never could get out of the tractor. This evening I used a new 3 inch air driven cut off tool to slice through the hardened bolt from Tractor Supply. I labeled all the pictures. I think the grommet and boot are a nice touch although probably not necessary.

Tomorrow after church I will continue with reassembly and put the battery shelf and air cleaner back on the 8N. I am using good moly grease on the bolts in hope they do not get stuck again. I am also cleaning the bolts and bolt holes (sometimes) using a tap and die set. It sure helps to have a lot of good tools.

Tractor Boy


No comments:

Google