Saturday, May 10, 2008

Chores for today 10 May 08

Today I completed the newspaper post extension. I milled two pieces of aluminum to hold the added 4X4 treated lumber to the top of the plastic post which was too short from day one. I started the milling process last night and finished it this morning. Two yellow jackets had taken up residence in the news box. I sprayed one last night and the other this morning as he disputed ownership of the abode. (Pix 15 and 16) The holes in the plastic were off so I had to adjust the holes in the aluminum plates. It is quarter inch thick and I enjoyed cutting it, squaring it, and milling the holes.

Next I mowed half the yard and treated a few fire ant mounds. My Ford 640 tractor covered by a slightly too small tarp is visible to the right. (pic 17)

The two-inch water pump got all the water from the swimming pool that it could. I have a small electrical pump that attaches to a garden hose and will get most of what is left. There are at least four frogs living in the pool. I am sure they wonder what happened to their deep safe haven. The pump is visible to the left. (pix 18 and 19)

Gunner is the dog on the left, and Mocha is the one on the right. Mocha can eat a baseball in minutes. So, no more baseballs for her to play with. The two dogs stay active rough housing with each other. (pic 20)

I almost forgot to mention it was about 92 degrees today and I got sun burned.

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google