Monday, October 20, 2008

Rear Oil Pans

I went out to my Tractor Building and checked the gaskets on the half moon covers and found the seal is just fine. I do think the one on the new made gasket has a better sticking, but the other is on there good too. I will put the silicon on the top part of the gaskets this afternoon and put them back on the Cub. Then on Monday I can add the gear oil and hopefully have that part fixed. I still need to drain the radiator and put in some chemicals to flush the cooling system. No way of telling whether that has ever been done. The Cub will be 60 in mid January.

 

I bought some implements from a guy in Kinmundy, Illinois. I got a single point hitch for the rear of the tractor and then a plow and a carrier. The carrier is a box that attaches by the single point hook. The plow also hooks by a single hook. I decided to let the disc go as I cannot haul it back this trip. I still have my incomplete standard disc plow. I have been unable to find parts so far and may just make them. How is that for confidence?

 

Tractor Boy

 

No comments:

Google