Saturday, October 11, 2008

Fire is out; step is on

The fire is out! Today I decided to use a propane torch to solder the overflow pipe onto the neck of the radiator. Soon smoke was coming from the neck followed by flames; however, the solder was not going where I wanted it to. Using a trick I learned from watching my father handle a carburetor backfire in his automobile, I put my gloved hand over the neck of the radiator and stopped the flames by reducing the oxygen to the flames. Then I started up the Cub and drove it back into the Tractor Building where I used JB Weld to fasten the overflow pipe to the radiator neck. Starting was a real challenge until I finally remembered to pull out the ignition switch. Once I did that it started right up and I used the choke to adjust the fuel until it was running smoothly. Maybe I need a check list to remember the ignition switch.

The 8 inch step arrived today and I quickly figured out how to attach it. It does indeed make it easier to mount to the platform than it is to step that 8 inches higher. I like it already. Very well built too. I bought the step on eBay from Troy Peterson whose email address is farmallpair@aol.com

 

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google