Saturday, October 25, 2008

Cub Rear Oil

Today I got out to my Tractor Building and put 90 weight gear oil in the two reservoirs near the rear wheels. Previously I made a simple device with a funnel and a large diameter piece of clear plastic tubing to facilitate getting the gear oil around the 90 degree angle of the plug and into the tractor. It surely makes the job less messy. Each half moon reservoir takes 1 ¾ pints of gear oil so that is nearly half a gallon. A long handled half inch wrench removes the plug quickly since the plug has a half inch square indent for just that purpose. I had already removed the hitch to get the half moon parts off and the left plug can only be accessed with the hitch off the Cub. Once the plugs were back on I put the step back on too then cleaned up the tools and wiped the few spills. Oh, it was below sixty degrees this morning so quite cool and the gear oil flowed pretty slowly. That is viscous stuff!

 

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google