Thursday, January 22, 2009

recent Cub work

Nearly Complete. It was warm this week on Monday so I got out and put some decals on my JANUARY 1949 Cub which is now 60 years young. I also put the fuel filter in place and attached rubber fuel line between it and the carburetor. I gave up temporarily on putting the metal line on as the exhaust pipe is in the way. If the Cub is returned to the vertical stack exhaust then the metal fuel line can go on. For now it is rubber.

It is just about time to add gasoline to the tank and see whether it leaks at the fuel filter. I used a sealer so maybe it will be good and tight.

While I was adding decals I painted both the radiator cap and the fuel cap. Both are new so I sprayed them with a couple coats of IH red paint.

The next to the last challenge is to cut a one inch hole in the battery box for the proper placement of the new and very long battery cable (negative cable). The box has a large hole to the front and needs a one inch hole to the rear side of the box. It is a work in progress. This week looks good though.

The final task is to figure out how to attach the one point hitch I hauled back from Illinois at Christmas time.

 

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google