Sunday, November 1, 2009

Back to the blog

Yes, I am back blogging. 

Today I hope to hoist the new mill with my overhead crane/lift and then slide it along. Too much fun. I will take pictures. I do wish I had taken pix of the moving operation yesterday. It was decidedly scary. No injuries and only a few scars to the land from the weight so all was well. I visited Hubert's work room and saw his X3 mill. It is really three times bigger than the X2 we also both have. I need a much bigger table! Maybe I could mount it on the one I have, but it sure could use wheels. I need 17 inch clearance for the base front to back and 27 inch clearance for the entire front to back area (for the column as well as the front handle). The X2 fits on the 14 inch wide table with room to spare as you have seen. I need 39 inches height clearance too. This is BIG, but some people consider it small still. It is easy to have a thousand pound milling machine instead of one which weighs 390 pounds. J

 

Tractor Boy


No comments:

Google