Sunday, June 8, 2008

Saturday

This has been a busy, busy day.

I hired a guy to cut brush around my place and he showed up with his son. It took more of my attention than I wanted to get them doing what I wanted.

Between the yard guys, I had a few chores for Tractor Girl. I got those done.

I fished three chairs from the bottom of the swimming pool. We had very brisk winds and they were blown into the pool.

I also removed the fenders from the 8N so I could clean, prime, and paint red. While I was at that, I decided to mount the tail light bracket on the fender since the fender was now off the tractor. It looked like and easy job until the holes did not line up. Grrr so I did what any self respecting Gentleman Farmer would do. I used my milling machine to elongate two of the holes so I could shift the bracket enough to align the third hole. It is now on the fender and grey paint is drying.

I was going to clean, scrape, and maybe even paint some more on the rear of the tractor, but must stop and make sure my sermon is ready for tomorrow. Or maybe I can do that later after I work on the 8N some more.

Pictures, later, perhaps. The yard is looking good and I did not bake like a raisin to do it.

No comments:

Google