Tuesday, July 24, 2007

new challenges

Tonight I took the throttle rod which was well painted and looked great and remounted it on the tractor. I loosened the nut which controls how far the governor to throttle rod will move so it can go as far as the shortened rod would pull it toward the rear. New challenge… the bolt which holds the right angle piece at the bottom of the throttle shaft allows that right angle piece to slip a bit. Fascinating to watch it do that, but I should like to tighten the connection. I think I need to make a new connecting bolt that is slightly greater in diameter so it fits the slot in the throttle shaft more tightly. I suppose I could get a new bolt or one just slightly larger in diameter. Of course I would need a new nut too. If you look where the throttle shaft connects to the right angle piece to which the rear end of the throttle to governor rod attaches, you will see just what I mean.

I love a new challenge and there are so many with this old 8N!

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google