Thursday, August 14, 2008

pan gasket

Yesterday I bought some rubberized gasket material to make home-made gaskets for the rear wheel pans. I decided to work on one at a time and this is the left side. Rubber cement was used to hold the gasket to the pan, and a sharp knife cut the gasket. As I started to put it back on the tractor there was some old gasket material clinging to the tractor which needed to be scraped off. Everything went on as smoothly as can be while I am lying on my back beneath the tractor and reaching around the gear wheel and the pan itself to insert and tighten the bolts. Ten bolts later, I snugged them a bit at a time to get fairly even compression all around. This pan is ready for gear oil. It will wait until I get the other off and cleaned up.

 

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google