Monday, August 25, 2008

hot day

I removed both the tool box and the battery box from the Cub today. My air wrench removed the head from two of the four bolts. I actually got them off the tractor and removed one of the broken off bolts. I am soaking the other with penetrating oil before putting it in a vice and seeing whether I can get it off without too much more trouble. They each broke off in a flat steel riser so I could turn that off the tractor body. J

I am getting ready to sand blast for the first time. That could be interesting. I have a breathing mask to wear and will wear leather gloves too. No sense in cutting myself to ribbons with the sand blaster gun. Air compressor is working just fine today. Of course it is hot here in Central Texas so I am perspiring profusely.

 

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google