Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thursday

Today I began the wiring adventure. It is going to be a slow process. I verified the ignition switch is good, using a trusty ohm meter. Since it is good, I will make a knob for it. I have some thick plastic and can cut a piece, turn it on my lathe, drill and tap it for the thread size (once I determine that). I was going to use aluminum but decided plastic was safer; however, I may go back to aluminum as I have plenty of that too. I cleaned the wiring connections for the one pole of the switch using emery paper. Then I verified the next wire was good too so will likely not replace it, just clean the contact surfaces. All this took me a half hour. I am confident that, one wire and contact at a time, this job will be professional when I am done.

Tractor Boy

No comments:

Google